Donations of any size and of any variety are significant to the volunteers of Active Southern West Virginia who carry the mission of improving the health of the New River Gorge region by creating more opportunities for physical activity. Each contribution either financially, in-kind, or through our “No cost to you” donating avenues goes directly to Active SWV volunteer training, equipment, and promotion. Learn more about the first Annual Fund campaign and the many other ways you can give back to an organization reaching thousands across southern West Virginia residents.
The Active SWV Annual Fund is kicking off in spring of 2018 with co-chairs Kay Bess and Cindy Whitlock. The Annual Fund goal of $20,000 will support program costs across the organization. The mission of this fund is to reach individuals and businesses who value our boots on the ground work. We are by no means asking the participants of the Active SWV programs to give donations themselves. It is a core value of Active SWV to provide free community programs with no financial obligation.
Co-chairs Kay Bess and Cindy Whitlock are meeting this fundraising challenge armed with a history of relationships across the region, a sincere understanding of the Active SWV participants and programs, and a strong desire to see this organization reach it’s potential.
Benefits to donating
Contributors to the Active SWV Annual Fund will receive the following benefits as appreciation and recognition for their belief in the mission to improve health. The value of a health community resonates when businesses chose where to locate, when families look to move back to West Virginia, where children can grow up with healthy mentors, when college students choose where to get an education, when seniors choose retirement communities. It is vital to the economic future of southern West Virginians to be surrounded by health communities.
Listed and linked on the following media outlets:
- The Donate to the Annual Fund web-page
- Active SWV Annual Fund Report 2018
- Two newsletters emailed monthly ($200 minimum)
- Two social media posts throughout the year ($200 minimum)
- Listed on the monthly program flier per county for your service area ($350 minimum)
Additional mentions will be made at events, the Annual Volunteer Awards Dinner, and in grant application and reports.
Ways to donate to the Annual Fund
- Use the paypal link at the top right hand corner of this page. Ear-mark your donation “Annual Fund.”
- Write a check to Active SWV and mail to 116 North Heber Street Suite B Beckley WV 25801
- Participate in Annual Fund fundraising events
- April 24th Pies and Pints profit share night
- June 2nd Active SWV Family Triathlon
- October 20th Kids Run Club Fundraising Challenge during the Active SWV Bridge Day 5K
Thank you gifts
Donations of $100 or more will earn an Active SWV performance wear shirt. Donation of $500 or more will receive an invitation for two to the Annual Volunteer Awards Dinner. Donation of $1,000 will receive a custom picnic basket.
Donate at No Cost to You
Kroger Community Rewards
Link your Kroger card to Active SWV and Active SWV will receive a 1% donation.
- Sign in to your online account or create an account
- Find and select Active Southern West Virginia or code 87773
- Click save
Make sure to use your Kroger Plus Card every time you shop!
Link your Amazon orders to Active SWV for a 0.5% donation with each purchase. Be sure to save the the url: http://smile.amazon.com in your browser for future purchases.
It’s SO easy to do, just set your browser to default to Amazon Smile and feel great about supporting a brighter, healthier future while you shop!” Lillian Graning, Chief Communications Officer for the New River Gorge Regional Development Authority.
The easiest way to donate to Active SWV is through our PayPal link at the top of this page. The top left “Donate” button will direct you to Paypal.