- Visit PayPal.com/donate to make your one-time or monthly donation to Active SWV.
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Log in or create your Amazon account
- Search and select Active Southern West Virginia in the “Pick your own charitable organization” search bar
Congrats! Amazon will donate a percent of every purchase you make at smile.amazon.com!
- Log in or create your Kroger account at Kroger.com
- Select My Account from top left of page.
- Select Community Rewards from left side menu.
- Follow prompts to get started. Use code NQ431 to search and select Active SWV.
Congrats! Kroger will now automatically donate a portion of their proceeds each time you shop with your Kroger Rewards Card!
Active SWV hosts a variety of signature events reaching hundreds of participants each, and over 5,000 social media and email subscribers.
Email [email protected] to learn more about our sponsorship tiers and benefits.
This content will come later.
To date, Active SWV has trained over 100 volunteer Community Captains to lead regular free physical activity programs.
Our free Kids Run Clubs reach over 1,700 youth.
Our Bike Walk SWV program continues to advocate for policy and infrastructure improving pedestrian and bike access in the region.
Our Workplace Wellness program has been adopted by 12 businesses, impacting over 1,200 employees.
Even with these successes, there are still so many communities in southern West Virginia that do not have opportunities to lead physically active and healthy lives.
A donation to Active SWV helps us reach every corner of our footprint. We thank you for your support to help continue this important work!
How is my donation used?
Donations of any size are appreciated and needed. Here are just a few examples of what your donation could support.
$50 supports a Kids Run Club with a water cooler, cups, and equipment.
$100 supports CPR First Aid training, First Aid kit, and gear for a volunteer Community Captain to lead their free physical activity program.
$250 supports new equipment and maintenance for programs such as our free bike and stand-up paddle board programs.
$500 supports employers to participate in an evidenced-based, 6-week Workplace Wellness course, provide cooking demos and nutrition education, workplace signage, and exercise equipment. Whether you’re an employee or employer, you can learn more about creating a culture of health at your Workplace. Wellness creates jobs!
$1,000 supports volunteer certifications in REFIT, high fitness, or yoga instruction allowing Community Captains to offer more quality and diverse free physical activity programs to your community.
$5,000 supports an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer to direct and develop our program areas.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes! Active SWV is a nonprofit 501(c)3, meaning your donation to us is eligible for tax deduction. Active SWV’s EIN is 47-1605904.
What documents do I need to prove I made a donation?
You will need your PayPal receipt if you donate online, or a receipt from Active SWV if you donate via check. You must also receive an email confirmation from Active SWV for any donation.
Why is a small donation worth giving?
It is not the size, but the impact of the donation that counts. Every donation to Active SWV is part of a greater community impact. In fact, small individual donations make up the largest single source of Active SWV’s funding. We couldn’t do it without you. You can make a donation of any size via PayPal or by check. Checks may be payable to Active Southern West Virginia and mailed to 116 N Heber Street Suite B, Beckley, WV 25801
Where does Active SWV get its funding?
Individual donors just like you make up the single largest source of Active SWV funding. The following sources supplement individual giving:
25% Federal Grants
20% Community Grants
15% State Grants
10% Corporate Donations
What are non-monetary ways I can give?
4 Ways to Volunteer:
- Become a Community Captain. Receive free training, certifications, and support to lead a physical activity of your choice in your hometown. We provide support to locate, develop and grow your program. Contact Community Outreach Director Erin Reid to learn more.
- Become a Kids Run Club Coach. You do not have to be a coach, teacher, parent, or even a runner to lead one of these amazing clubs. Active SWV provides you with all of the training and tools you need to lead this free and incredibly rewarding opportunity for youth in your community. Contact Kids Run Club Director India Krawczyk to learn more.
- Volunteer at an Active SWV Signature Event. If you’re looking for a short term commitment, check out our signature events. Volunteer behind or on scene with events ranging from 5k races, to stand up paddle board events, and family triathlons. Read more about our signature events here or email [email protected] to get started.
- Volunteer with Active SWV Bike/Walk by serving or creating a Bike Pedestrian Advocacy Committee, BPAC, in your community. Active SWV will guide and support you along the way. Contact Community Outreach Director Erin Reid to learn more about our BPAC achievements and how to get started.
Do you have other skills to share? Let us know! These are just a few ways to volunteer at Active SWV, but we are open to creating unique opportunities with you.
In Kind Donations
Active SWV’s programs and events take place over 4 counties in over 100 locations, and use a wide array of equipment. We are open to donations of gear, equipment, facilities, or services. Do you have something specific in mind that you would like to contribute? Please email [email protected] to learn about current needs within our programs. *Note: All in kind donations must be approved to be accepted.