Donations of any size and of any variety are significant to the volunteers of Active Southern West Virginia. These champions in their communities carry the mission of improving the health of the New River Gorge region by creating more opportunities for people to be physically activities. Each contribution either financially, in-kind, or through our “No cost to you” donating avenues goes directly to Active SWV volunteer training, equipment, and promotion. Learn more about the first Annual Fund campaign and the many other ways you can give back to an organization reaching thousands of residents across southern West Virginia.
The Active SWV Annual Fund is kicking off in spring of 2018 with co-chairs Kay Bess and Cindy Whitlock. The Annual Fund goal of $20,000 will support program costs across the organization. The mission of this fund is to reach individuals and businesses who value our boots on the ground work. We are by no means asking the participants of the Active SWV programs to give donations themselves. It is a core value of Active SWV to provide free community programs with no financial obligation.
Co-chairs Kay Bess and Cindy Whitlock are meeting this fundraising challenge armed with a history of relationships across the region, a sincere understanding of the Active SWV participants and programs, and a strong desire to see this organization reach its full potential.
Benefits of donating
Contributors to the Active SWV Annual Fund will receive the following benefits as appreciation and recognition for their belief in the mission of improving health in the region.
Listed and linked on the following media outlets:
- The Donate to the Annual Fund web-page (listed on this page)
- Active SWV Annual Fund Report 2018 (produced in Feb. for the previous year)
- Two newsletters emailed monthly ($200 minimum)
- Two social media posts throughout the year ($200 minimum)
- Listed on the monthly program flier per county for your service area ($350 minimum)
Additional mentions will be made at events, the Annual Volunteer Awards Dinner, and in grant application and reports.
The value of having a healthy community resonates when businesses chose where to locate, when families look to move back to West Virginia, when children can grow up with healthy mentors, when college students choose where to get an education, and when seniors choose retirement communities. It is vital to the economic future of southern West Virginians to be full of healthy communities.
Ways to donate to the Annual Fund
- Use the paypal link at the top right hand corner of this page. Ear-mark your donation “Annual Fund.”
- Write a check to Active SWV and mail to 116 North Heber Street Suite B Beckley WV 25801 and include this form: Annual Fund Request Letter.
- Participate in Annual Fund fundraising events
- April 24th Pies and Pints profit share night, Facebook event page
- May 11th New River Yoga donation night.
- May 24th Arrowhead Bike Farm profit share night
- June 2nd Active SWV Family Triathlon, event web page
- June 27th Burrito Bar profit share night
- October 20th Kids Run Club Fundraising Challenge during the Active SWV Bridge Day 5K
Donations of $100 or more will earn an Active SWV performance wear shirt. Donations of $500 or more will receive an invitation for two to the Annual Volunteer Awards Dinner. Donations of $1,000 will receive a custom picnic basket.
Donate at No Cost to You
Kroger Community Rewards
Link your Kroger card to Active SWV, and Active SWV will receive a 1% donation.
- Sign in to your online account, or create an account
- Find and select Active Southern West Virginia, or code NQ431
- Click save
If you need more assistance or do not have your Kroger card, follow these instructions for more details.
Make sure to use your Kroger Plus Card every time you shop!
Link your Amazon orders to Active SWV for a 0.5% donation with each purchase. Be sure to save the the url: http://smile.amazon.com in your browser for future purchases.
It’s SO easy to do, just set your browser to default to Amazon Smile and feel great about supporting a brighter, healthier future while you shop!” Lillian Graning, Chief Communications Officer for the New River Gorge Regional Development Authority.
Make a donation request on behalf of Active Southern West Virginia
Use this form, Annual Fund Request Letter, to present to a business owner or individual and make a donation request on behalf of Active SWV. Payment should be mailed directly to Active SWV, and a thank you receipt will be provided to the donor from the Active SWV office. Every dollar given is helpful to purchasing and maintaining equipment, funding volunteer certifications, and covering communication costs.