The volunteers, participants, partners acknowledge and understand that exposure to disease causing organisms, such as COVID-19, and personal contact with others, including but not limited to participants, non-participants, organizers, volunteers, onlookers and other individuals in the activity/program involves a certain degree of risk that could result in illness, permanent disability or death. Participants acknowledge that Active SWV has not screened or tested any of the participants for such diseases. After fully and carefully considering all the potential risks involved, participants hereby assume the same and agree to release and hold harmless Active SWV and its employees, officers, agents, volunteers, vendors and contractors from and against all claims and liability resulting from exposure to disease causing organisms such as COVID-19.
Waiver – Please read and sign this waiver of liability before attending any in-person programs, activities, or events.
Survey – We would love to hear the types of activities you are comfortable attending in July. Provide feedback in this Active Status Feedback Survey.
Assessment and RSVP – required to attend activities. Online Reservation.
- This event has passed.
PCWA Stream Stomp Hike
September 14, 2019 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Hey Friends! You are invited to join us on September 14, 2019 at Fitzpatrick Park from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for our 15th Birthday Celebration and Stream Stomp!
What is a Stream Stomp? It is an event where you can find out more about our organization and partners as well as participate in numerous fun events like:
• Enjoy a guided walk along the waters of Piney Creek
• Play water games
• See and experience the hidden life of our streams (bring water shoes)
• Learn about water quality through hands-on water testing
• Understand the importance of clean streams and how each of us can care for our streams every day
• Enjoy a piece of our anniversary cake while sharing time with your fellow community members
Participating agencies include the Beckley Sanitary Board, Raleigh County Solid Waste Authority, West Virginia DEP, New River Gorge National River, WVU Tech, Raleigh County Parks and Recreation Authority, Active Southern West Virginia, Conservation Legacy Stewards Program, and the WV Division of Forestry.
Free parking, picnic tables, playgrounds, and restrooms are available. Bring a picnic lunch and join us for a fun, relaxing event.
Fitzpatrick Park is located at 892 Fitzpatrick Road, Beckley, WV
1. Head south on Robert C. Byrd Dr toward Sophia
2. Turn left on Fitzpatrick Rd at the light at Bible Baptist Church (just after I-77 interchange)
3. Turn right at the top of the hill to stay on Fitzpatrick Rd
4. Turn slight right at the sewer plant to enter the park
1. Head west on US-19/Ritter Dr toward Beckley
2. Turn left onto Sullivan Rd at the bottom of Raleigh Hill (Before the train bridge)
3. Travel ~3.1 miles. Turn right onto County 19-41/ Fitzpatrick Rd
4. Travel ~1.3 miles. Turn left at the sewer plant to enter the park
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Visit us at www.activeswv.org | 304-254-8488