- This event has passed.
PCWA Stream Stomp Hike
September 14 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Hey Friends! You are invited to join us on September 14, 2019 at Fitzpatrick Park from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for our 15th Birthday Celebration and Stream Stomp!
What is a Stream Stomp? It is an event where you can find out more about our organization and partners as well as participate in numerous fun events like:
• Enjoy a guided walk along the waters of Piney Creek
• Play water games
• See and experience the hidden life of our streams (bring water shoes)
• Learn about water quality through hands-on water testing
• Understand the importance of clean streams and how each of us can care for our streams every day
• Enjoy a piece of our anniversary cake while sharing time with your fellow community members
Participating agencies include the Beckley Sanitary Board, Raleigh County Solid Waste Authority, West Virginia DEP, New River Gorge National River, WVU Tech, Raleigh County Parks and Recreation Authority, Active Southern West Virginia, Conservation Legacy Stewards Program, and the WV Division of Forestry.
Free parking, picnic tables, playgrounds, and restrooms are available. Bring a picnic lunch and join us for a fun, relaxing event.
Fitzpatrick Park is located at 892 Fitzpatrick Road, Beckley, WV
1. Head south on Robert C. Byrd Dr toward Sophia
2. Turn left on Fitzpatrick Rd at the light at Bible Baptist Church (just after I-77 interchange)
3. Turn right at the top of the hill to stay on Fitzpatrick Rd
4. Turn slight right at the sewer plant to enter the park
1. Head west on US-19/Ritter Dr toward Beckley
2. Turn left onto Sullivan Rd at the bottom of Raleigh Hill (Before the train bridge)
3. Travel ~3.1 miles. Turn right onto County 19-41/ Fitzpatrick Rd
4. Travel ~1.3 miles. Turn left at the sewer plant to enter the park
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Visit us at www.activeswv.org | 304-254-8488