The volunteers, participants, partners acknowledge and understand that exposure to disease causing organisms, such as COVID-19, and personal contact with others, including but not limited to participants, non-participants, organizers, volunteers, onlookers and other individuals in the activity/program involves a certain degree of risk that could result in illness, permanent disability or death. Participants acknowledge that Active SWV has not screened or tested any of the participants for such diseases. After fully and carefully considering all the potential risks involved, participants hereby assume the same and agree to release and hold harmless Active SWV and its employees, officers, agents, volunteers, vendors and contractors from and against all claims and liability resulting from exposure to disease causing organisms such as COVID-19.
Waiver – Please read and sign this waiver of liability before attending any in-person programs, activities, or events.
Survey – We would love to hear the types of activities you are comfortable attending in July. Provide feedback in this Active Status Feedback Survey.
Assessment and RSVP – required to attend activities. Online Reservation.
- This event has passed.
Stand Up Paddle Board in the Park
September 13, 2017 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Join Active SWV Community Captains for a free stand up paddle board program at Camp Brookside. Test your balance on this beginner-level program. All equipment is provided. Ages 7 and up. Small children will share boards with parents. *RSVP required.
Test your balance at this free beginner-level program.
- Time and place to show up: 15 minutes prior to class. Length of activity: 2 hours total.
- Intensity: Beginner to Intermediate
- Restrictions: You begin on your knees so any current or previous knee injuries would be restricting. Participants must be able to swim.
- What to wear & bring: Clothing for swimming. Insulating layers are needed for temperatures below 75 degree. Please do not wear cotton. Do bring a change of clothes. Wear shoes that can get wet.
- What’s provided: paddle board, paddle, pfd (lifejacket), instruction.
- Recommended experience (if any): Swimming experience. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and under the age of 10 will start on a board with an adult. Ages 7 and up, small children will share board with parent.
***Reservations are required*** reserve your spot by calling (304) 894-2129 or emailing [email protected]. Directions will be provided once you have made your reservation.
Get Active in the Park programs are powered by volunteer Community Captains and is a partnership between the New River Gorge National River and Active SWV to bring free instructional programs as sample activities at a beginner level. The goal is to get more people comfortable and confident exploring the parks around them and to begin a lifestyle of more physical activity. #GetActiveinthePark#ActiveTrails #NewRiverNPS #ActiveSWV
Visit us at www.activeswv.org | 304-254-8488