Active SWV is a perfect example of a regional approach to implementing the priorities areas, strategies and tactics from the WV Physical Activity Plan to fit a local environment. Relying on all-sector leadership, Active SWV’s approach to promoting physical activity while focusing on economic development is a model that can be used throughout the state. The WV Physical Activity Plan is pleased to be a partner with Active SWV as we strive to increase physical activity opportunities and participation in southern West Virginia.
– West Virginia University, Supporter
Our partnership with Sports Backers in the Richmond area has proven to be a powerful economic tool for our area. We look forward to helping Active Southern WV achieve the same results.
– Active Richmond Virginia, Consultant
The New River Gorge Regional Development Authority is proud to support such a strong effort to increase wellness, increase adventure tourism, and incentivise locals to get active.
– New River Gorge Regional Development Authority, Sponsor
- New River Gorge National River
- National Park Foundation\
- YMCA of Southern West Virginia
- Friends of New River Gorge National River
- National Coal Heritage Area Authority
- Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation
- United Way of Southern West Virginia
- West Virginia Clinical and Translation Science Institute
- Center for Rural Health Development
- WV Bureau of Public Health
- Beckley Area Foundation
- Nicholas County Community Foundation
- Hinton Area Foundation
- Try This WV
- US Army Corps of Engineers Huntington District