New River Gorge Rim to Rim 10K
The New River Gorge Rim to Rim Race will be a running road race from one side of the New River Gorge to the other. This bucket list event will provide runners with the course that is located just outside of Fayetteville and offers breathtaking views of the adventure capital of West Virginia. Hosted by Adventures on the Gorge, racers will have access to resort amenities and finish at the rim-side pool with a catered brunch.
The course will begin on the south side of the New River Gorge on Fayette Station Road – Route 82 and will follow Burma Road and Ames Heights Road. Racers should prepare for a decent for 3.5 miles and a climb back up for 3.5 miles with the steepest point being a 20% incline. The finish line will bring racers to the rim of the gorge with an overlook photo opportunity. Racers are welcome to walk the course but must maintain a 20-minute mile pace to complete the event during the allotted closed road time frame.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to ride the bus? No, you can arrange for a family member of friend to drop you off at the start line. It is not recommended to leave your car at the start line because you would have to walk the course back after the race.
- Can I bring a child in a stroller? Yes, if your stroller can collapse to fit in a school bus seat, if you are using the event transportation. This race is a point-to-point race with a bus ride to the start line.
- Can I bring my dog? No, this is not a dog-friendly event.
- Will there be any gravel or trails on the race route? No, this race will be on paved roads.
- Can I walk the course? Yes, we are very excited to offer this event for both walkers and runners. Walkers will need to maintain a 20-minute pace.
- Will there be awards for walkers? Yes, there will be awards for participants signed up in the walking category.
- If I was deferred from the 2020 race, how do I find my registration? Go the RunSignUp registration page to search the participant list. If you have been deferred, you will need to ‘claim’ your registration.
Registration opens October 1
October 1-December 31 $35
January 1-March 15 $40
March 16-May 15 $45
April 30 – Last day to guarantee event shirt
May 16 – Registration available at the event $60
Please refer to the race webpage for packet pick-up, course map, racer perks, and area attractions at https://activeswv.org/rim-to-rim-race/.
To stay up to date on information about the event, follow our Facebook event page here.