Deadline to register for Active SWV’s next [email protected] Employer Training certification course is September 25th! Contact Workplace Wellness Director Veronica Crosier to learn more at [email protected], or click here to register.
Why Workplace Wellness?
- Show your employees you value them
- Boost workplace morale
- Decrease absenteeism
- Save on health insurance costs
- Gain a reputation as a great place to work!
Benefits You Receive
By the end of a one-year partnership with Active SWV’s Workplace Wellness program, you can expect to:
- increase your access to resources to improve wellness.
- improve your wellness offerings as demonstrated by our annual workplace assessment tool, the CDC Health Scorecard.
- see an increase in your staffs’ perceived and actual wellness, demonstrated in a comparison of pre and post employee surveys.
- successfully implement at least one system, environment, and policy change to improve wellness in your workplace.
- have the support and foundation to continue providing workplace wellness for years to come.
Our Free Resources
- Presentations & Workshops
- Technical Assistance
- Third Party Survey Distribution & Data Aggregation
- Educational Materials
- Media Recognition
- Health Wellness Courses & Certifications
- Funding Opportunities
Connect with Active SWV’s Ecosystem of Free Physical Activity Programs
Receive your CDC [email protected] Employer Certification with Active SWV
The [email protected] Employer Training course provides employers and employees with the knowledge and tools to promote good health in their workplaces to reduce or prevent chronic illness and disability, thereby improving productivity and competitiveness as an employer. As you complete your training, you can expect to bring these benefits to your workplace:
- complete health and safety assessment of your workplace
- training to develop health intervention plans
- monitoring of participant progress
- technical assistance and support resources
The [email protected] Employer Training consists of 8 modules which you’ll complete over the course of 6-8 weeks. Training is a combination of virtual and self-directed online classes. We estimate 2-4 hours per week, depending on your workplace wellness goals.
To participate in the [email protected] Employer Training, your employer must must:
- Employ 20+ people
- Provide health insurance
- Have U.S. based headquarters
Active SWV Workplace Wellness is in partnership with:
New River Gorge Regional Development Authority
WV DHHR BPH Division of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease
WV Health Connection
Appalachian Regional Commission
West Virginia Economic Development Office
Try This WV
WVU School of Physical Activity and Sports Science
West Virginia Physical Activity Plan, Be Active
Beckley Area Foundation