Apply by October 1st to receive up to $5,000 for your community.
Active SWV is excited to share that our friends at Center for Active WV have opened applications for their Capacity Building Grants. The purpose of these grants are to increase physical activity access for West Virginians. These one-time grants range from $1k – $5k. This is a perfect opportunity for bike/walk projects to improve your community.
Here are just a few focus areas of the grant:
- physical activity opportunity for youth in and out of school
- increased pedestrian/bike infrastructure
- created opportunity for physical activity referrals in healthcare partnerships
How have past grant recipients used their funds?
- trail renovation
- walking path signage
- pump tracks/bike playground for youth
- “Walk with a Future Doc” program
- construction of connector trails
- installation of exercise stations along walking trail
- updated school gym equipment
New to applying for grants? Interested in bicycle/pedestrian access in your community but not sure where to start?
Read more about Active SWV’s Bike/Walk program here. We’d love to hear from you and help you pick some next steps to get started. For questions specific to this grant opportunity, contact Rachel Byrne at email@example.com or by phone at 304-293-6981.
Read more about the Center for Active WV’s grant requirements and find the application by clicking here.