Title: Development Director
Date: November 2021
Reports to: Executive Director
Starting Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
Location: Beckley, WV with some remote work
Status: Full time
Benefit Eligible: Health insurance, 3% retirement match, paid state holidays, 10 vacation days, 10 wellness days, flexible daily schedule, reimbursable mileage, work culture of wellness
Active Southern West Virginia (Active SWV) believes the quality of life and economy in southern West Virginia can be improved through physical activity opportunities and wellness education. The Development Director position will be a key role in increasing awareness and resources to make meaningful impacts in the lives of our rural communities.
The Active SWV Development Director is a full time position that will build relationships with stakeholders, diversify the current philanthropy portfolio, and manage fundraising strategies. The ideal candidate needs to work well with a team but also take initiative to identify next steps and provide solutions to challenges. It is important for the ideal candidate to value an active lifestyle and be a role model for those around them.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions
- Develop and execute a path for growth
- Create and implement marketing strategies to donors and constituent groups
- Identify funding opportunities
- Draft and submit proposals
- Take ownership of fundraising events independently and with the Annual Fund Committee
- Track grant progress and manage invoices
- Design fundraising strategies to compliment Signature Events
- Spokesperson of the organization and for the Executive Director
- Work cross-functionally with other teams
- Design and develop content to promote the organization and fundraising opportunities
- Prepare and present presentations
- Facilitate conferences.
The skills needed for the position are excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and adhering to deadlines. Candidates should have professional organizational practices and ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, English, non-profit management, leadership, or similar programs.
- Two years experience in fundraising or sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, QuickBooks, Microsoft Suite, Adobe, project management software.
Process for Applying
Apply by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Development Director”:
- Resume with cover letter
- Three professional references
Active SWV employees will be provided the following during onboarding: Inclusion and equity policy, organization bylaws, employee manual, waiver of liability, WV Board of Risk Insurance Management policy, workers compensation policy, time tracking forms, and office procedures.
Questions should be directed to Melanie@activeswv.com.