Join the Active SWV Team to Increase Opportunities for Physical Activity
The Active SWV Volunteer Support VISTA member will build the communication capacity of Active Southern WV by developing and implementing the communication plan for the organization’s physical activities and organized exercise for undeserved communities in Southern West Virginia. As a result of the VISTA member’s service, residents of Southern WV will improve their physical health, opportunities for residents to engage in physical activities will increase, residents will become more educated about exercise and physical activity and sustainability within the Active Southern WV organization will be achieved.
- Public speaking to community groups and partners
- Utilizing current media software for volunteer recruitment while improving communication systems
- Data entry for activities and events
- Deliver volunteer trainings
- Support all four program areas; Community Captains, Kids Run Clubs, Bike/Walk, and Workplace Wellness
- Work with a dynamic staff and volunteer base to grow the participation in activities and events