Spring is right around the corner, which means it’s almost Kids Run Club season again. Active SWV is offering the Kids Run Club Mini-grant to schools all across West Virginia beginning March 1st, 2022.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any school or community group is West Virginia who would like to start (or continue) a Kids Run Club may apply. If you’ve been awarded a mini-grant in the past, you may apply again.
What does the Mini-grant include?
Active SWV’s Kids Run Club program is a free program designed to get kids active in a structured and safe environment either before or after the school day. Kids Run Clubs teach kids how to properly warm up and cool down their muscles before and after a workout, show them how to run and work towards a goal distance, and incorporate active games to keep exercise fun. Kids Run Clubs are led by volunteers and is based off the Kids Run Cub manual, a resource guidebook with all the materials and content needed to put together a successful Kids Run Club program. The purpose of the Kids Run Club mini-grant is to create an opportunity for more schools and community groups throughout West Virginia to offer kids a free way to be active and learn about how to keep their bodies healthy.
The Kids Run Club Grant Includes:
- Online Kids Run Club Coaches training to volunteers
- Manuals mailed to all coaches
- ASWV provides end of season shirts and medals
- Technical support from Active SWV throughout
- $250 Funding to spend on exercise equipment and/or other healthy items for the club
To receive the full benefits of the Kids Run Club Grant, you must:
- Offer the program for free to participants
- All participants fill out the Active SWV waiver
- Volunteers keep a roster and weekly attendance sheet to share with Active SWV
- Administer the pre and post surveys to the participants, and return them to ASWV
How do I apply?
You can fill out the grant form here.
The mini-grant will open March 1st, 2022 and close April 30th, 2022.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
I applied, What’s Next?
Once you fill out the mini-grant application form, Active SWV will contact you to set up a zoom call to talk further about the opportunity. We are invested in supporting all of our Kids Run Club locations, and want you to feel as prepared as possible to start (or continue) the program if it’s the right fit!