Spring is quickly approaching, and Active SWV is offering the Spring Kids Run Club mini-grant program package to schools in West Virginia to start or continue the program.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any school or community group in West Virginia who would like to start (or continue) a Kids Run Club may apply. If you’ve been awarded a mini-grant program package in the past, you may apply again.
Applicants must be interested in starting the Kids Run Club program this spring 2023.
What does the Mini-grant program package include?
Active SWV’s Kids Run Club program is a free initiative designed to get kids active in a structured and safe environment either before or after the school day. Kids Run Clubs teach kids how to properly warm up and cool down their muscles before and after a workout, show them how to run and work towards a goal distance, and incorporate active games to keep exercise fun. Kids Run Clubs are led by volunteers and is based off the Kids Run Cub manual, Active SWV’s resource guidebook with all the materials and content needed to put together a successful Kids Run Club program. The purpose of the Kids Run Club mini-grant program package is to create an opportunity for more schools and community groups throughout West Virginia to offer kids a free way to be active and learn about how to keep their bodies healthy.
The Kids Run Club Mini-grant program package includes:
- Online Kids Run Club Coaches training to volunteers
- Up to five printed Kids Run Club manuals per school supplied
- ASWV provides end of season shirts and medals for all participants
- Technical support from Active SWV throughout (email, Zoom, and in-person support/check-ins)
- $250 Funding to spend on exercise equipment and/or other healthy items for the club
To receive the full benefits of the Kids Run Club Mini-grant program package, you must:
- Offer the program for free to participants
- All participants fill out the Active SWV waiver (completed waivers to be returned to ASWV)
- Administer Active SWV’s pre and post surveys to the participants (completed surveys to be returned to ASWV)
- Complete a reporting form at the conclusion of the program
How do I apply for the Kids Run Club mini-grant program package?
The Spring 2023 Kids Run Club mini-grant will open February 15th and close March 31st.
You can fill out the Kids Run Club mini-grant program package form here.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
I applied, What’s Next?
Once you fill out the Kids Run Club mini-grant program package form, Active SWV will contact you to set up a zoom call to talk further about the opportunity. We are invested in supporting all of our Kids Run Club locations, and want you to feel as prepared as possible to start (or continue) the program if it’s the right fit!