Youth Essay Contest
This contest is an opportunity for kids to win free entry into Active SWV’s Bridge Day 5k RUN! There will be four youth winners, with each winner receiving 2 free entries to this event.
Youth Essay Contest Rules and Requirements:
Youth under the age of 18 may submit a 250 word maximum essay to be eligible to win two free entries into Active SWV’s Bridge Day 5k RUN taking place on October 21, 2023. Essays should also include three active photos.
Essays should answer two questions:
- What motivates you to be physically active?
- Why do you want to participate in the Bridge Day 5k?
Essays will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Addresses barriers and challenges to staying active
- Highlights the importance of physical activity programs in the community
Ways to Submit:
Essays should be submitted, along with 3 active photos, in one of the following ways:
- Email to [email protected] with subject line “Youth Essay Contest: Active SWV Bridge Day 5K RUN.”
- Written essays can be mailed to: ActiveSWV 116 North Heber Street Suite B Beckley WV 25801.
- Submit your essay and photos through this Google form.
Deadline: Essays should be emailed or postmarked by October 13th and winners will be announced as they are received. Four winners will be selected. Each winner will receive 2 free entries, allowing a friend or family member to join the winner in the race!
*By submitting your essay, you agree to Active Southern West Virginia’s use of your name, essay and photos for promotional material.
Find more information about the 2023 Bridge Day 5k RUN by clicking the button below!