New River Gorge Rim to Rim 10K
The New River Gorge Rim to Rim Race will be a running road race from one side of the New River Gorge to the other. This bucket list event will provide runners with the course that is located just outside of Fayetteville and offers breathtaking views of the adventure capital of West Virginia. Hosted by Adventures on the Gorge, racers will have access to resort amenities and finish at the rim-side pool with a catered brunch.
The course will begin on the south side of the New River Gorge on Fayette Station Road – Route 82and will follow Burma Road and Ames Heights Road. Racers should prepare for a decent for 3.5 miles and a climb back up for 3.5 miles with the steepest point being a 20% incline. The finish line will bring racers to the rim of the gorge with an overlook photo opportunity. Racers are welcome to walk the course but must maintain a 20-minute mile pace to complete the event during the allotted closed road time frame.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring a child in a stroller? Yes, if your stroller can collapse to fit in a school bus seat. This race is a point-to-point race with a bus ride to the start line.
- Can I bring my dog? No, this is not a dog-friendly event.
- Will there be any gravel or trails on the race route? No, this race will be on paved roads.
- Can I walk the course? Yes, we are very excited to offer this event for both walkers and runners. Walkers will need to maintain a 20-minute pace.
- Will there be awards for walkers? Everyone registered will be in the same awards category. There is not a separate category of awards for the walking participants. If a person walking competes the race faster than someone who is running, they walker will receive the award on the podium. We will consider awards for the walking category in 2021.
Registration opens October 1
October 1-December 31 $35
January 1-March 15 $40
March 16-May 15 $45
April 30 – Last day to guarantee event shirt
May 16 – Registration available at the event $60
Please refer to the race webpage for packet pick-up, course map, racer perks, and area attractions at https://activeswv.org/rim-to-rim-race/.
To stay up to date on information about the event, follow our Facebook event page here.