New River Gorge Rim to Rim 10K
The New River Gorge Rim to Rim Race will be a running road race from one side of the New River Gorge to the other. This bucket list event will provide runners with the course is just outside of Fayetteville, WV and offers breathtaking views of the adventure capitol of WV. Hosted by Adventures on the Gorge, racers will have access to resort amenities and finish at the rim side pool with a catered brunch.
The course will begin on the south side of the New River Gorge on Fayette Station Road, Route. 81. This event will take place on Route 81 Fayette Station Road, Burma Road, and Ames Heights Road. Racers should prepare for a decent of 1300 ft and a climb of 1300 ft with the steepest point being a 20% incline. The finish line will bring racers to the rim of the gorge with an overlook photo opportunity. Racers are welcome to walk the course but must maintain a 20 minute mile pace to complete the event during the allotted closed road timeframe.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring a child in a stroller? Yes, if you stroller can collapse to fit in a school bus seat. This race is a point to point race with a bus ride to the start line.
- Can I bring my dog? No, this is not a dog friendly event.
- Will there be any gravel or trail? No, this race will be on paved roads.
- Can I walk the course? Yes, we are very excited to offer this event for walkers and runners. Walkers need to maintain a 20 minute pace.
- Will there be awards for walkers? Everyone registered will be in the same awards category. If a person walking competes the race faster than someone running, they will be awarded on the podium. There is not a separate category of awards for just the walking participants. We will consider awards for the walking category in 2021.
$35 October 1-December 31
$40 January 1-March 15
$45 March 16-May 15
(April 30th – last day to guarantee event shirt)
$60 day of registration May 16
Registration opens October 1
Please refer to the race webpage for packet pickup, course map, racer perks, and area attractions; https://activeswv.org/rim-to-rim-race/.
Join recent updates to the event in the Facebook event page here.Share