- Your opportunity to help others and receive free training
Active SWV is ready to make 2021 a great year to be a volunteer! Meet healthy friends, improve your leadership skills, and you will be rewarded by making life long impacts on others. Review all the ways to volunteer this year below.
- Youth swim club coaches: Active SWV would like to start a six week free youth swim club this summer, and we are looking for volunteers to facilitate groups in the pool on Sunday mornings.
- Summer “Adventure Days” obstacle course marshals: Set-up and facilitate a simple youth agility course at different times and locations Tuesdays and Thursdays in June and July. Sign up to volunteer for one or more day.
- Active SWV Summer Day camp counselors: Help facilitate groups of youth campers in two one week sessions, OR volunteer as a guest presenter and bring your one time class or activity to the camp. *Some of these positions may be paid* July 12-16 & July 19-23
- Faulty members planning now for fall after school KRCs: Active SWV plans to offer the Kids Run Club Mini-grant again in the fall to kickstart Kids Run Clubs. Start thinking about a fall club now!
- Get Active in the Park Community Captains: Get outside and volunteer to lead weekly or monthly hikes for families, paddle boarding, rock climbing, and biking. You pick the times and locations, and Active SWV will provide all your training and access to city, county, state, and national parks & forests.
- Walk With Ease leaders: Lead a six week community based physical activity and self management program. Read more about the program here.
- REFIT certifications as a dance fitness instructor: Active SWV will pay for your certification, you get to dance, move, lead classes, and have fun! More information on REFIT here.
- Community Captains in Boone and Kanawha in any kind of physical activity program: Lead any sort of program you would like – running walking, hiking, dancing, you name it! Active SWV will train you in group dynamics and pay for any certifications needed.
- Employees for the 6 week Work@health training: This evidence-based course provides employers and employees with the knowledge and tools to promote good health in their workplaces. Learn more here.
- Employees who want to be Walk With Ease leaders from any Workplace Wellness participating member: Lead a 6 week physical activity and self management class for others at your workplace. Learn more here.
- Community members and local government employees wanting to see infrastructure improvements and policies in their communities: Learn more about what the Active SWV Bike/Walk program advocates for here.
New River Gorge Rim to Rim 10K Race
- Course marshal volunteers: Active SWV needs volunteers throughout the course to assist with the race on May 15th.
Training is free with equipment provided
Please contact our office by email or phone if you are interested in any of the listed volunteer opportunities: email@example.com – (304) 254-8488
Read about successful volunteers with Active SWV in our Success Stories Library.